Netgear router – the device that allows the computers and other network devices to communicate over large distances. WiFi router considers as one of the most important devices on the network. Basically, a standard WiFi router directs or you can say it controls the traffic/data packets across the networks. But what if, you can’t connect to Netgear router?s
You might be caught in big trouble. As you might not be able to communicate with anyone over the Internet. All your important online work will be going to be on a halt.
But nothing to worry folks. In this tutorial we are going to discuss all the various measures you can try to fix the following Netgear router issues:
• Connect to router but no internet
• Can’t connect to Netgear router
• Netgear WiFi not working
Steps to Fix Netgear Router WiFi Not Working Issues
For your new network that have yet to connect to the Internet, refer to the following steps:
• Turn off all your wireless devices and connect your computer to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
• Reboot your home WiFi modem and check you have a properly working internet connection
• Now reboot your computer.
• If there is no internet, try to reboot your router and modem.
• If you are still not getting an internet connection, try to connect your computer to the modem directly. Eliminate the router, to check if the issue is within the router or modem. If still, the WiFi problem persists, then you need to contact your ISP.
Somehow, you found the internet working fine after connecting your computer to the modem, then there might be some issue with your Netgear router, so check the Netgear Router Troubleshooting user manual.
Can’t Connect To Netgear Router Network
Even you are using the advanced Netgear router, but still due to some obstructions like the thick wall, metals, and other radio interference devices you might struggle with the low to no signal at some corners of your house or apartment.
To fix this issue, you can try Netgear range extender. The Netgear Extender Setup helps you to deliver your home WiFi router signal in almost every corner of your house.
How to Configure a Netgear Router as an Access Point?
Most of the Netgear router allows you to configure the wireless router as a wireless access point to extend your home WiFi network. It will then act as a wireless gateway and its only purpose is to provide a wireless connection.
Caution: If you are using your Netgear router as an Access Point, then you will not be able to connect your Netgear router to Nighthawk app to monitor, control, and manage your device.
• Connect your Netgear router to your computer with the help of an Ethernet cable.
• Run any web browser on your computer and visit the routerlogin.net web page.
• Fill the Netgear router login credentials and hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
• Visit Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings
• Now select ‘Enable AP Mode’.
• Hit on the ‘Apply’ button.
Do the aforementioned solutions help you? If you still some questions left in your mind related to the above-discussed solutions, get in touch with us. Share your queries and feedback with us through comments. We really appreciate your responses and work on it.